ALC Mosaic is primarily supported through the tuition paid by its families. In determining our tuition process, we’ve focused on a few important ideas — trust, access, and responsibility.
The culture of an ALC is rooted in trust. We are committed to developing relationships of trust with students, among the facilitators, and certainly with our families.
ALC Mosaic seeks to be available to people based on right fit, not income level, so we offer tuition fees on a sliding scale. By trusting families to be generous and reasonable we increase our accessibility.
As we grow, we try to balance accessibility with sustainability. We are always looking at our tuition process to make sure we’re being responsible to our current families and to the future health of the school.
Our flexible approach is also made possible by generous donations from various individuals and organizations. If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation to ALC Mosaic, you can use PayPal or send us a check.
Update 8/9/17: Tiers 1-7 applications are currently being added to our waitlist.
Tuition Tier Chart
|Tier||Stated Income||Recommended Annual Tuition Level||Roots Half-Day Per Diem Recommended Tuition**|
Here’s how we determine the tuition each family pays:
- Review the Tuition Tier Chart above to see what our recommended tuition level is for your income* level. Currently, the minimum tuition level is $1,200 and the maximum is $11,900. We ask families who are able to pay more than the full tuition to consider making a tax-deductible donation to help us increase our accessibility.
- *total family income is all gross income sources including but not limited to: salary, child support, support from family, trusts, etc.
- **This is the recommended per diem rate for our half-day Roots program for ages 2-4. To determine your total annual tuition recommendation for the half-day program, find the tier that matches your income level and multiply the corresponding per diem rate by the number of days per week for which you are applying.
- Consider the recommendation you get from the Tuition Tier Chart and see if that can work for your family. Can you afford it? Can you pay more? If so, consider applying for a higher tier than the recommendation, or making a tax-deductible donation. If you can’t afford the recommendation, choose a lower tier and give us more information about your situation.
- At the end of the admissions application, you’ll be asked to complete the tuition worksheet and submit your tuition offer to our Finance Working Group.
- Our Finance Working Group will review the tuition offer and determine if we have space at the tier for which you’re applying. If so, the offer will be accepted. If not, you’ll be placed on a waiting list for that tier. We’ll most definitely communicate with you throughout the process!
The standard tuition payment schedule is as follows:
A 20% deposit (of the annual tuition agreement) is due before enrollment begins.
10% monthly payments are made from August 1st – March 1st.
Families also have the option to pay the entire annual tuition agreement in one lump sum, for which a 5% discount will be applied.